AU BON PAIN SPRING MENU FEATURES NEW SALTED CARAMEL LATTES, PARMESAN AND LEEK CROISSANTS
Avocado Items in Abundance; Lower Calorie Torsade Filled with a Twist of Raspberry
Boston (March 2, 2015) — Salted Caramel. Chicken, Fig & Brie. Asparagus & Pea Soup. Au Bon Pain’s new early spring menu has something for everyone. Today marks the start of the spring seasonal menu, and it is filled with re-imaginings of favorite items. Au Bon Pain’s signature hot croissant goes savory with a Parmesan cheese and leek filling, while its unique CroisBun™ gets topped with mocha cheese filling and fresh raspberries.
For those seeking fresh, healthful avocado options, the Southwest Chicken Salad is filled with a mix of black beans, corn and the fruit of the hour—avocado, while the Chipotle Turkey and Avocado sandwich is complemented with sliced avocado. The menu also highlights seasonal menu items asparagus, leeks and fig.
“Fig perfectly complements brie and chicken to create a distinctive flavor for spring and a delicious lunchtime sandwich,” said Maria Feicht, Au Bon Pain’s chief brand officer. “For those who want to reach for an afternoon treat, the raspberry torsade is a great option because it is very delicious but also has a low calorie count. And, for those who want to indulge a little, the Mocha CroisBun is topped with raspberries—allowing guests to savor fresh fruit on a pastry item.”
Au Bon Pain always leans toward healthier options and portions but leaves a little room for dessert. The full spring menu:
- Hot or Iced Salted Caramel Latte—Au Bon Pain’s newest espresso drink flavor features espresso and salted caramel syrup topped with frothed milk. $1.99 medium and a new large size for $2.50.
- Iced Tea & Iced Coffee—To promote Au Bon Pain iced drinks, the cafés will offer free medium iced teas and iced coffees on April 7 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Following this sampling day, cafes will offer 99₵ iced tea and coffee from April 8 through April 26.
- Parmesan & Leek Hot Croissant—Flaky croissant filled with Parmesan cheese and leeks. $3.29
- Raspberry & Greek Nonfat Yogurt Parfait—Fresh raspberries topped with nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt and granola. $3.99
- Asparagus & Pea Soup—Tender pieces of asparagus blended with pea puree, Parmesan cheese and basil. $3.99
- Southwest Chicken Salad—Marinated chicken, romaine, black beans, roasted corn, avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, wontons and a Southwest vinaigrette. $7.59
- Chipotle Turkey & Avocado—All natural turkey, chipotle cheddar, fresh avocado, roasted tomatoes, arugula and chipotle mayo layered on ciabatta. $7.29
- Chicken, Fig & Brie—All-natural chicken, brie, fig spread and balsamic glaze finished with arugula on an Au Bon Pain toasted house-made traditional artisan baguette. $7.69
- Mocha CroisBun™ topped with Fresh Raspberries—Chocolate croissant with rich mocha cheese filling topped with fresh raspberries. $2.69
- Raspberry Torsade—Twisted, glazed, buttery croissant filled with raspberry preserves. $2.39
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake—Moist lemon cake with poppy seeds and a light icing drizzle. $2.69
*Note: Prices will vary depending on the market.
For more information on the new menu or to find an Au Bon Pain location near you, visit www.aubonpain.com.
About Au Bon Pain
Founded in 1978, Au Bon Pain (“the place of good bread”) has grown into an internationally recognized leader in the fast-casual restaurant category. The chain’s signature items—sandwiches, breads, pastries, salads, soups and coffee—are served in welcoming café environments emphasizing quick service and hospitality. Au Bon Pain offers consumers a wide array of delicious, nutritional foods, and over the past three years has earned Health magazine’s designation as one of America’s Top 5 Healthiest Restaurant Chains and was recently voted the #1 healthiest restaurant chain by Grellin.
Au Bon Pain operates in six key trade channels including urban office buildings, hospitals, universities, transportation centers, malls and museums, with locations ranging from 300-square-foot satellites to 6,500-square-foot cafés with 100-plus seats. Au Bon Pain currently operates in more than 310 locations in the U.S. and internationally. Additional information about Au Bon Pain, which is headquartered in Boston, may be found at www.aubonpain.com.