Want to grow your career with us?
That’s Great! We’re always looking for passionate people who are excited about food, love serving our guests and enjoy being part of a winning team. Fresh-baked bread and high-quality ingredients are keys to our success, but people are the most important part of our business. We provide engaging service and flavorful food in an energizing environment that is meaningful to our team and to our guest!
So…Welcome to Au Bon Pain…
With us, it’s personal. We embrace all backgrounds, cultures and diverse viewpoints – combining people’s strengths and positive attitudes into a cohesive team through training, leading and encouraging.
Your empowering career starts here. The sky is truly the limit, whether your goal is to reach a management level position or simply to work part-time, we’ll help you develop the skills, knowledge and experience to help you succeed in whatever avenue you choose.
Au Bon Pain provides a tremendous experience, competitive pay and benefits, flexible schedules and lots of other perks! Join our team and become part of the ABP family!
Our Culture and Values
- Our values are straightforward: Hospitality, Efficiency, Accountability, Respect, Teamwork
- We strive for great hospitality for our guests and team members and nurture a respectful and collaborative culture in our cafés and at our Support Center.
AU BON PAIN has a dynamic career path in place for team members with all skill sets:
“I first interviewed with Au Bon Pain based on the recommendation of a friend who had recently joined the company. He called me his very first day on the job telling me that I need to make a career change and meet with ABP. He told me that he had never worked with such a great group of people – leaders that really cared about their people. He was right! Their passion to work with the best people and their drive for success is genuine. They spoke of a culture of teamwork and hospitality combined with efficiency and accountability.”
Joe E. – Area Director
Did you know with great performance, great initiative, and a willingness to learn new things, you can progress to an Associate Manager, and even a General Manager where you’ll operate and lead your own café? With great leadership and operations skills, you could become an Area Director and be responsible for providing leadership to multiple locations.
“Au Bon Pain is a very fast paced environment with delicious food. Our management is great, they communicates with all the employees, they treat us as real people. The standards are high and we work hard but I love that. We like to make our guests feel like they are home. It makes it exciting to see and talk to all these different people. I look forward to continue to grow at Au Bon Pain.”
Banelin T. – Guest Service Representative - Avenue of Americas
Joining the Au Bon Pain team presents a great opportunity to learn and work in all areas in the café – cashier, food prep, café organization, food management and guest hospitality.
Au Bon Pain offers flexible and varied shifts including day, evening, weekend and even overnight shifts (in some locations), accommodating school, personal scheduling needs and your quality of life.
You’ll meet guests and great co-workers, collaborating in a respectful, team-oriented environment, providing engaging service and hospitality to our guests.
- Medical Coverage: Au Bon Pain offers a choice of comprehensive medical and prescription drug plans, designed to provide team members and their dependents with the most appropriate care for their medical needs. Spouses, dependent children, domestic partners, and dependent children of domestic partners are eligible dependents.
- Dental Coverage: Au Bon Pain offers a comprehensive dental plan option that includes coverage for preventive care, major and minor restorative care, and orthodontia.
- Vision Coverage: Au Bon Pain offers a voluntary vision insurance plan that offers coverage for hardware and allows team members to take advantage of great discounts on laser vision correction and non-covered lens options.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off Benefits
In addition to the benefits listed above, team members are also eligible for a variety of other benefits and discount programs, including a subsidized Shoes for Crews program, employee meal discounts, pet insurance, discounted movie tickets, shopping discounts and much more!
This is a brief summary of the benefits available to management team members of Au Bon Pain. Benefit offerings are subject to change at any time at the company’s discretion and the terms of benefit plans at all times govern and supersede this summary.
Team Member Benefits
- Voluntary Benefits Insurance Plan: Available to all Au Bon Pain team members. The plan provides limited medical, dental, vision, term life insurance coverage and disability coverage.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) – Transit and Parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Scheduling: Because we recognize the need for work-life balance, including working around school and family schedules, Au Bon Pain is proud to offer flexible work schedules for our team members.
In addition to the benefits listed above, team members are also eligible for a variety of other benefits and discount programs, including a subsidized Shoes for Crews program, employee meal discounts, pet insurance, discounted movie tickets, shopping discounts and much more! This is a brief summary of the benefits available to hourly team members of Au Bon Pain. Benefit offerings are subject to change at any time at the company’s discretion and the terms of benefit plans at all times govern and supersede this summary.
If you are interested in joining our management team, send your resume to email@example.com. Word or PDF format preferred.
Team Member Employment
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit a café and speak to the General Manager.
We are always looking for talented and passionate people to join our team!