How can we help?
We believe that with the opportunity to run our cafés comes a responsibility to give back to the communities we call home.
We have established a program called “Food for Life” dedicated to providing food for families and individuals that might otherwise go hungry. Our “Food for Life” program works in conjunction with local organizations and food banks to provide end-of-day unsold baked goods to those with the greatest need. For more information, please contact the General Manager at your local Au Bon Pain café bakery.
Social Responsibility & Sustainable Practices
Our vision is to “reduce the impact that our operations have on the environment through sustainable practices and source reduction initiatives. We will continue to seek products that are inherently more sustainable and partner with suppliers that are committed to sustainable practices and social responsibility.”
In support of our commitment to sustainability, we will:
- Consider environmental concerns and impacts in our decision-making processes
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner
- Reduce waste through reuse and recycling and by purchasing recycled and recyclable products and materials when available, economical and suitable
- Promote efficient use of materials, resources and energy throughout our operations
- Work with our suppliers and distributors to conduct their operations in an environmentally responsible way
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products and seek substitution when feasible
- Participate in industry groups to set standards on environmental practices
- Strive to improve our environmental performance by continually reviewing our environmental policy and practices